Police to question friends of JNU students
New Delhi: A day after a JNU student allegedly attacked his female classmate on campus leaving her critically injured before committing suicide, police on Thursday said that it may question their friends to ascertain what triggered the attack.
"We have recovered a note from the boy (Akash) in which he has claimed that friends knew what was between him and the girl (Roshni). We may question friends of both Akash and Roshni," said a senior police officer.
Meanwhile, family of Akash also reached Delhi from Bihar today after which his post-mortem was conducted, police said.
Roshni`s brother, who has also reached here, today said that Akash was after his sister for a long time. He also said that her sister was never in a relationship with Akash.
"My sister was a very bright student," he said.
Roshni was allegedly attacked by her 23-year old friend Akash inside the JNU`s School of Languages yesterday morning following an argument. Akash had allegedly slashed her head with an axe before consuming poison and slitting his throat.
He died in the AIIMS trauma centre few hours after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley