Policeman`s son shoots self with service pistol, dead
Mumbai: A police officer`s son on Wednesday allegedly committed suicide at their residence in suburban Tilak Nagar, New Delhi by shooting himself with his father`s service pistol.
21-year-old Tejas Sawant, son of Mumbai Crime branch unit III in-charge Arvind Sawant, shot self a bullet on his temple from his father`s Glock 9mm pistol at about 7.00 AM, police said.
Tejas took the extreme step in the hall while his parents and younger sister were in other rooms of the two BHK flat on eighth floor of the 108 building in Tilak Nagar area, a police officer at Tilak Nagar police station said.
"The reason for the suicide is not yet clear and no suicide note was found," the officer added.
Hearing the bullet sound, Tejas`s mother rushed to the hall and saw him in a pool of blood.
Tejas was immediately rushed to Rajawadi hospital where he was declared dead before admission. The body was later taken to J J hospital for post-mortem.
Police found a message on the deceased`s WhatsApp Messenger that reads, "One day...No more forever". The message was posted two days ago.
Police suspect that the third year Bachelor of Science student from Ruparel College might had an argument with his father before the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan