Polish woman alleges rape by taxi driver
New Delhi: A 33-year-old Polish woman was allegedly raped by a cab driver after he had offered her a ride on the Mathura-Delhi highway, police said.
The woman, who is a lord Krishna devotee, alleged in her complaint that she was raped by the driver who offered her a lift on the highway on the midnight of January 2.
According to police, the woman was on her way to Delhi along with her two year-old-daughter from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh when she was offered a ride by the taxi driver. Trusting him, she had accepted his offer for the 135-kilometer journey.
"The victim told us that the cab driver had sprayed something on her face following which she fell unconscious and later when she came to her senses, she found herself on a bench outside the Nizammuddin railway station in South Delhi where she realised that she has been sexually assaulted. Her daughter near her was crying, police said.
Police have registered an FIR at Paharganj after medical examination of the woman confirmed rape.
The victim, who lives in Mathura, told police that she is in the business of cloth export and used to travel to Delhi often.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez