Political deadlock continues in Delhi, President`s Rule likely
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi seems to be heading towards President`s Rule as it faces political deadlock and subsequent re-election in May.
With the last Delhi Assembly being appointed on December 18, 2008, it is imperative for the next Assembly to be appointed by December 18, 2013. However, with the political deadlock that Delhi is facing currently, the President`s Rule is likely to come into effect on the recommendation of the Lt Governor.
Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung had sent a detailed report on the current political impasse in Delhi to President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday.
After Arvind Kejriwal wrote a letter to presidents of both the Congress and the BJP listing 18 issues and asking whether both parties will support AAP on these. The reaction evoked severe criticism from leaders of both the national parties.
The recent developments have taken place after AAP got 28 seats and finished second, leaving Delhi with a hung house. The BJP bagged 31 seats and the Congress managed to win only 8 in the 70-member Assembly.
AAP’s reaction comes after the Congress had in a letter written to Lt Gov Jung, offering outside and unconditional support for the AAP to form the next government.
Harsh Vardhan had rejected Lt Governor Jung’s offer to form the next government in Delhi, in view of the fact that his party was the single largest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!