Political deadlock continues in Delhi, President`s Rule likely
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi seems to be heading towards President`s Rule as it faces political deadlock and subsequent re-election in May.
With the last Delhi Assembly being appointed on December 18, 2008, it is imperative for the next Assembly to be appointed by December 18, 2013. However, with the political deadlock that Delhi is facing currently, the President`s Rule is likely to come into effect on the recommendation of the Lt Governor.
Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung had sent a detailed report on the current political impasse in Delhi to President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday.
After Arvind Kejriwal wrote a letter to presidents of both the Congress and the BJP listing 18 issues and asking whether both parties will support AAP on these. The reaction evoked severe criticism from leaders of both the national parties.
The recent developments have taken place after AAP got 28 seats and finished second, leaving Delhi with a hung house. The BJP bagged 31 seats and the Congress managed to win only 8 in the 70-member Assembly.
AAP’s reaction comes after the Congress had in a letter written to Lt Gov Jung, offering outside and unconditional support for the AAP to form the next government.
Harsh Vardhan had rejected Lt Governor Jung’s offer to form the next government in Delhi, in view of the fact that his party was the single largest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks