Politicians` phone-tapping case: One more held
New Delhi: One more Delhi Police staff was arrested in connection with the case relating to phone tapping and seeking call data records of various politicians and businessmen here, police said Friday.
Six people, including three policemen, have already been arrested.
Head Constable Rajkumar Singh, posted in the office of assistant commissioner of police in Khajoori Khas, was arrested late Thursday night after being questioned by officials of the Delhi Police Special Cell.
"Singh`s name surfaced during the questioning of three policemen and three detectives," said an officer.
Wednesday, police arrested Assistant Sub-Inspector Gopal Singh, Head Constable Harish and Constable Harish Kumar, deputed with various assistant commissioners of police, and three private detectives Puneet Verma, Alok Gupta and Mehraz Saifi.
They reside in Delhi and Noida.
They were arrested during investigation into Bharatiya Janata Party senior leader Arun Jaitley`s phone-tapping case. It was found these men had also sought call records of other politicians as well as businessmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister