Politicians` phone-tapping case: One more held
New Delhi: One more Delhi Police staff was arrested in connection with the case relating to phone tapping and seeking call data records of various politicians and businessmen here, police said Friday.
Six people, including three policemen, have already been arrested.
Head Constable Rajkumar Singh, posted in the office of assistant commissioner of police in Khajoori Khas, was arrested late Thursday night after being questioned by officials of the Delhi Police Special Cell.
"Singh`s name surfaced during the questioning of three policemen and three detectives," said an officer.
Wednesday, police arrested Assistant Sub-Inspector Gopal Singh, Head Constable Harish and Constable Harish Kumar, deputed with various assistant commissioners of police, and three private detectives Puneet Verma, Alok Gupta and Mehraz Saifi.
They reside in Delhi and Noida.
They were arrested during investigation into Bharatiya Janata Party senior leader Arun Jaitley`s phone-tapping case. It was found these men had also sought call records of other politicians as well as businessmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says