Poll campaigning hits Delhi Cabinet`s meet
New Delhi: The meeting of Delhi cabinet was
quite different on Monday. In the seven-member cabinet, only Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit and two ministers attended it, thanks
to election campaigning in five states.
Besides Dikshit, the meeting was attended by Industries
Minister Ramakant Goswami and Women and Child Welfare Minister
Health and Urban Development Minister AK Walia, PWD
Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan, Power and Food and Civil Supplies
Minister Harun Yusuf and Transport and Education Minister
Arvinder Singh Lovely were all busy campaigning for the
Congress candidates in the poll-bound states.
Dikshit, who had gone to Uttarakhand for campaigning,
came back to the city last night.
The Cabinet did not discuss any major issue but decided
to modify certain provisions in the Delhi Government Employees
Health Scheme (DGEHS) to extend cashless medical facilities at
empanelled private hospitals free of cost to former Delhi
MLAs, retired judges of the High Court, senior officers of
city government and their family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why