Polling underway in Delhi University and JNU
New Delhi: Polling for the Delhi University Students` Union (DUSU) and Jawaharlal Nehru University Students` Union (JNUSU) began here on Friday.
In JNU, around 30 candidates are in fray for the posts of president, vice-president, general secretary and joint secretary. In Delhi University, 38 candidates are contesting for the same posts.
The JNUSU elections are being held for the second time this year after the interim union was dissolved July 30 when the new session began.
The National Students` Union of India (NSUI), Student Federation of India (SFI), All India Students` Association (AISA) and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) have fielded their candidates.
The Left-affiliated AISA had bagged all the four posts in the last elections.
In Delhi University, the real battle is between the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh-backed ABVP and the Congress-backed NSUI.
AISA is another significant contender.
In 2011, ABVP had won three of the four DUSU posts, while NSUI could only manage to win the post of president.
The results of both elections will be declared Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened