Polling underway in Delhi University and JNU
New Delhi: Polling for the Delhi University Students` Union (DUSU) and Jawaharlal Nehru University Students` Union (JNUSU) began here on Friday.
In JNU, around 30 candidates are in fray for the posts of president, vice-president, general secretary and joint secretary. In Delhi University, 38 candidates are contesting for the same posts.
The JNUSU elections are being held for the second time this year after the interim union was dissolved July 30 when the new session began.
The National Students` Union of India (NSUI), Student Federation of India (SFI), All India Students` Association (AISA) and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) have fielded their candidates.
The Left-affiliated AISA had bagged all the four posts in the last elections.
In Delhi University, the real battle is between the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh-backed ABVP and the Congress-backed NSUI.
AISA is another significant contender.
In 2011, ABVP had won three of the four DUSU posts, while NSUI could only manage to win the post of president.
The results of both elections will be declared Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says