Polls code of conduct: Plea against CM Dikshit dismissed
New Delhi: A court here has dismissed a man`s plea seeking prosecution of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for allegedly violating the election code of conduct by distributing cash and gifts to the public to lure them to vote for Congress in 2004 Lok Sabha polls.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Nivedita Anil Sharma rejected the revision petition filed by Madan Lal Suryavanshi, challenging the order of a magisterial court which had also rejected his plea in March this year.
"The conscience of this court is completely satisfied that the revisionist (Suryavanshi) has failed to disclose any cogent or convincing reason for setting aside the impugned order (of magistrate).
"I am of the considered opinion that there is no infirmity or illegality in the order of the court of the metropolitan magistrate and the same is hereby confirmed. There is no merit in the revision," the judge said.
BJP member Suryavanshi, in his complaint, had alleged
that in connivance and conspiracy, Dikshit, along with nine others, had distributed cash and other articles, including sarees and school bags, to lure the public to vote for the Congress party during 2004 General elections.
The complainant had also alleged the accused and other political leaders had made an arrangement of a camp in a school in West Delhi with the intention to distribute cash and gifts and he had also made several complaints to different authorities but no action was taken.
He alleged the articles were distributed in violation of the election code of conduct. In support of his complaint, he had led pre-summoning evidence before the court by examining himself and other witnesses including a retired ACP.
The court said the material part of the allegations
levelled in the complaint was not substantiated by the witnesses.
"It also cannot be ignored that distributing of the stipends and bags etc, is a duty of the government which in the present matter was being discharged, as also stated by CW2 (one of the witness) when she deposed that the material was being transported along with the other material to the school for distribution was as per the directions contained in the circular issued by the Secretary, NCERT," the judge said.
The complainant had challenged the trial court`s order saying it was not only contrary to law and facts on record but had also resulted in "gross miscarriage of justice".
He said the magistrate had "failed to appreciate the evidence" led by him, including the eye witnesses and of the ones who had conducted the inquiry and seized the articles from the spot.
Suryavanshi said he will approach the Delhi High Court against the order of the sessions court and he has enough evidence against Dikshit and others in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly