Ponty case: Court fixes April 30 for hearing arguments on charge
New Delhi: A Delhi court has fixed April 30 for hearing arguments on framing of charges against sacked Uttarakhand minority panel chief SS Namdhari and 10 others chargesheeted for their alleged role in the killings of Ponty Chadha and his younger brother Hardeep at a farm house here.
The Delhi Police Crime Branch has already supplied to the accused with all the remaining probe reports pertaining to their investigation.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Yadav had earlier directed the police to file the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) reports, which has been complied.
On March 19, the case was committed to the Sessions Court for trial by a magisterial court as the charges, under which the accused have been booked, are exclusively triable by a Sessions judge.
The court will hear the arguments on charges in the case against Namdhari, his Personal Security Officer (PSO) Sachin Tyagi, his aides Simranjeet Singh and Jagbir Singh, and six other accused.
Ponty`s men including Narender Alhawat, who got two months interim bail in the case, will be among others who will face trial.
Ponty Chadha and Hardeep, who allegedly had a property dispute, were killed in a shootout at a Chhattarpur farmhouse in south Delhi on November 17, last year.
Namdhari and Tyagi are facing charges of murder, attempt to murder and other offences under the IPC besides cases under the Arms Act. Ponty has also been accused of killing his brother in the chargesheet.
The other accused have been booked for the offences ranging from attempt to murder, causing grievous harm, dacoity, rioting with deadly weapons, house trespass, kidnapping and illegally confining occupants of the farm house and destruction of evidence under IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves