Ponty case: U`khand cops irked over Delhi Police raids
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Police has taken exception to Delhi Police crime branch conducting raids in different parts of the state in search of people associated with sacked state minorities commission chief Sukhdev Singh Namdhari and evidence against him, allegedly without giving prior information to it.
In a letter shot off to the Delhi Police crime branch, the state police has raised its objections in this regard and expressed hope that in future it will be informed in advance before such raids are conducted in any part of the state, IG (law and order) Ramsingh Meena said here today.
As per the norms, police from outside have to inform its counterparts in the state concerned ahead of carrying out any such exercise in the latter`s jurisdiction.
Delhi Police crime branch sleuths conducted several raids recently in Dehradun and at other places in Uttarakhand searching for Namdhari`s son and possible evidence against him, but the state police came to know about them from different sources instead of Delhi police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof