Ponty case: U`khand cops irked over Delhi Police raids
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Police has taken exception to Delhi Police crime branch conducting raids in different parts of the state in search of people associated with sacked state minorities commission chief Sukhdev Singh Namdhari and evidence against him, allegedly without giving prior information to it.
In a letter shot off to the Delhi Police crime branch, the state police has raised its objections in this regard and expressed hope that in future it will be informed in advance before such raids are conducted in any part of the state, IG (law and order) Ramsingh Meena said here today.
As per the norms, police from outside have to inform its counterparts in the state concerned ahead of carrying out any such exercise in the latter`s jurisdiction.
Delhi Police crime branch sleuths conducted several raids recently in Dehradun and at other places in Uttarakhand searching for Namdhari`s son and possible evidence against him, but the state police came to know about them from different sources instead of Delhi police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal
- AAP has very close links with radicals, alleges Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside