Ponty Chada’s `undisclosed` income - Rs 175 cr
New Delhi: Three months after the Income Tax department conducted searches on his businesses, liquor baron Ponty Chadha is said to have reported Rs 175 crore of `undisclosed` income to the department.
"The business group has admitted an undisclosed income of Rs 175 crore and further tax related proceedings are on," official sources said.
The IT department has begun the process of collecting tax on the concealed income after it recently got the challans (receipts) deposited after the raids from the business entities of Chadha, the sources said.
When contacted, officials of one of the companies owned by Chadha, refused to comment on the issue.
The sources said the I-T department, which conducted searches on the businessman`s premises on February 1, is still to finish its proceedings against the group as a number of bank guarantees are yet to be released.
The department is currently preparing the documents of the searches which will be sent to the Central range for tax assessment.
After the searches in February, the department had said it had seized Rs eleven crore in cash, jewellery and fixed deposits and sealed 13 bank lockers.
The I-T department conducted the searches on the businesses of Chadha and his associates in February covering 13 locations in Delhi including the posh Sainik Farms, Lajpat Nagar, New Friends Colony in Delhi and in six locations in Noida, Moradabad and Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hizbul Mujahideen commander killed in Kashmir gunfight
- BCCI rejected Cricket Advisory Committee's proposal to appoint Ravi Shastri batting coach - Here's why
- 7th Pay Commission: Centre may disburse increased allowances prospectively
- Tusshar Kapoor’s baby Laksshya born via surrogacy clicked with grandpa Jeetendra – See Pic
- Asin Thottumkal's Italian sojourn with hubby Rahul Sharma is the perfect vacation plan we all want! See pics