Ponty Chada’s `undisclosed` income - Rs 175 cr
New Delhi: Three months after the Income Tax department conducted searches on his businesses, liquor baron Ponty Chadha is said to have reported Rs 175 crore of `undisclosed` income to the department.
"The business group has admitted an undisclosed income of Rs 175 crore and further tax related proceedings are on," official sources said.
The IT department has begun the process of collecting tax on the concealed income after it recently got the challans (receipts) deposited after the raids from the business entities of Chadha, the sources said.
When contacted, officials of one of the companies owned by Chadha, refused to comment on the issue.
The sources said the I-T department, which conducted searches on the businessman`s premises on February 1, is still to finish its proceedings against the group as a number of bank guarantees are yet to be released.
The department is currently preparing the documents of the searches which will be sent to the Central range for tax assessment.
After the searches in February, the department had said it had seized Rs eleven crore in cash, jewellery and fixed deposits and sealed 13 bank lockers.
The I-T department conducted the searches on the businesses of Chadha and his associates in February covering 13 locations in Delhi including the posh Sainik Farms, Lajpat Nagar, New Friends Colony in Delhi and in six locations in Noida, Moradabad and Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened