Ponty Chadha case: Probe into grant of arms licenses
Rampur (UP): The district administration has initiated an inquiry into reports of issuing of arms license to slain liquor baron Ponty Chadha despite being ineligible for the same on grounds of disability.
A probe into alleged overlooking of Chadha`s ineligibility in the 1991 case by the then district magistrate has been initiated, Additional District Magistrate Sayyed Nizamuddin said on Saturday.
He said the probe was initiated taking cognizance of recent media reports which claimed that license was issued to Chadha by the then district magistrate on June 26, 1991, the same day the application was filed, overlooking his ineligibility.
Besides Chadha, orders of issuance of licenses to six of his family members were also passed on the same day of application, the reports claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH