Ponty Chadha case: Probe into grant of arms licenses
Rampur (UP): The district administration has initiated an inquiry into reports of issuing of arms license to slain liquor baron Ponty Chadha despite being ineligible for the same on grounds of disability.
A probe into alleged overlooking of Chadha`s ineligibility in the 1991 case by the then district magistrate has been initiated, Additional District Magistrate Sayyed Nizamuddin said on Saturday.
He said the probe was initiated taking cognizance of recent media reports which claimed that license was issued to Chadha by the then district magistrate on June 26, 1991, the same day the application was filed, overlooking his ineligibility.
Besides Chadha, orders of issuance of licenses to six of his family members were also passed on the same day of application, the reports claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends