Ponty Chadha case: Probe into grant of arms licenses
Rampur (UP): The district administration has initiated an inquiry into reports of issuing of arms license to slain liquor baron Ponty Chadha despite being ineligible for the same on grounds of disability.
A probe into alleged overlooking of Chadha`s ineligibility in the 1991 case by the then district magistrate has been initiated, Additional District Magistrate Sayyed Nizamuddin said on Saturday.
He said the probe was initiated taking cognizance of recent media reports which claimed that license was issued to Chadha by the then district magistrate on June 26, 1991, the same day the application was filed, overlooking his ineligibility.
Besides Chadha, orders of issuance of licenses to six of his family members were also passed on the same day of application, the reports claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand