Ponty Chadha case: Probe into grant of arms licenses
Rampur (UP): The district administration has initiated an inquiry into reports of issuing of arms license to slain liquor baron Ponty Chadha despite being ineligible for the same on grounds of disability.
A probe into alleged overlooking of Chadha`s ineligibility in the 1991 case by the then district magistrate has been initiated, Additional District Magistrate Sayyed Nizamuddin said on Saturday.
He said the probe was initiated taking cognizance of recent media reports which claimed that license was issued to Chadha by the then district magistrate on June 26, 1991, the same day the application was filed, overlooking his ineligibility.
Besides Chadha, orders of issuance of licenses to six of his family members were also passed on the same day of application, the reports claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference