Ponty Chadha death: Eyewitness account
New Delhi: Contrary to initial reports which suggested that the gunfight that led to the death of Ponty Chadha and Hardeep Singh was triggered by a heated war of words between the two, an eyewitness has claimed that Hardeep hurled abuses and shot Ponty even before he stepped out of his car.
As per the complaint filed by Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, chairman of the Uttarakhand Minority Commission, who was with Ponty Chadha when he arrived at the Chattarpur farmhouse on the fateful day.
Namdhari recalled that he met Ponty Chadha at around 9.30am at farmhouse number 21, Central Drive, Chhatarpur from where they drove to farmhouse number 42 in Chadha`s Land Cruiser.
When Ponty Chadha`s SUV arrived at the farmhouse, his security guard Narendra Ahlawat tried opening the gates of the premises; just then Hardeep arrived with his guards and opened fire.
Ponty was hit several times and lay in a pool of blood on the back seat of his car.
It was the return fire from Namdhari`s guard, Sachin Tyagi, which hit Hardeep, killing him.
As per a report in Times of India, a second FIR was filed by Delhi Police for robbery and ruckus created by the Chadha`s men at the farmhouse.
In the complaint by Nand Lal, the farmhouse`s manager, three of Chadha`s men—Bhupinder Bisht, Prem Vir and Anna—were named. TOI claims to have a copy of the first FIR as well.
Namdhari in the complaint states that he rushed Ponty to Fortis Hospital with the help of the driver.
When cops arrived at the scene they found Hardeep dead in guard`s room.
A case was registered on Namdhari`s complaint under Sections 302 (murder) and 307 (attempt to murder) and Arms Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report