Ponty Chadha killing: Court gives nod to frame charges
New Delhi: A court here Monday gave green signal for charges to be framed against Uttarakhand minorities panel`s sacked chairman SS Namdhari and other accused in the killing of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep.
Additional Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Yadav has ordered charges to be framed against Namdhari and 18 others and fixed the matter Jan 29 for next hearing.
Police have formally charge shedeted all accused for murder, conspiracy, kidnapping, illegal confinement, trespass, destruction of evidence and other charges.
Ponty Chadha and his brother were killed at a farmhouse in Chhattarpur in south Delhi in a shootout Nov 17, 2012, allegedly over a property dispute.
Namdhari, his security guard Sachin Tyagi and others were arrested for their alleged role in the shooting. However, the trial against Ponty and Hardeep has been abated as they both died in the shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed