Ponty Chadha killing: Court gives nod to frame charges
New Delhi: A court here Monday gave green signal for charges to be framed against Uttarakhand minorities panel`s sacked chairman SS Namdhari and other accused in the killing of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep.
Additional Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Yadav has ordered charges to be framed against Namdhari and 18 others and fixed the matter Jan 29 for next hearing.
Police have formally charge shedeted all accused for murder, conspiracy, kidnapping, illegal confinement, trespass, destruction of evidence and other charges.
Ponty Chadha and his brother were killed at a farmhouse in Chhattarpur in south Delhi in a shootout Nov 17, 2012, allegedly over a property dispute.
Namdhari, his security guard Sachin Tyagi and others were arrested for their alleged role in the shooting. However, the trial against Ponty and Hardeep has been abated as they both died in the shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das