Ponty Chadha killing: Court gives nod to frame charges
New Delhi: A court here Monday gave green signal for charges to be framed against Uttarakhand minorities panel`s sacked chairman SS Namdhari and other accused in the killing of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep.
Additional Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Yadav has ordered charges to be framed against Namdhari and 18 others and fixed the matter Jan 29 for next hearing.
Police have formally charge shedeted all accused for murder, conspiracy, kidnapping, illegal confinement, trespass, destruction of evidence and other charges.
Ponty Chadha and his brother were killed at a farmhouse in Chhattarpur in south Delhi in a shootout Nov 17, 2012, allegedly over a property dispute.
Namdhari, his security guard Sachin Tyagi and others were arrested for their alleged role in the shooting. However, the trial against Ponty and Hardeep has been abated as they both died in the shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet