Ponty Chadha murder: JC of Namdhari, others extended till Feb 15
New Delhi: The judicial custody of sacked Uttarakhand minority panel chief S S Namdhari and nine others, arrested for their alleged role in the murder of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother, was extended on Thursday till February 15 by a Delhi court.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Mukesh Kumar remanded Namdhari, his PSO Sachin Tyagi and eight others in eight days judicial custody after they appeared before the court in person on expiry of their judicial remand.
The court extended the judicial custody of accused Bhupender Singh, Uday Raj Singh, Rajpal Singh, Anand Singh Bisht, Mathura Singh Mehra and Satnam Singh who are Ponty`s aides. It also extended the judicial custody of Namdhari`s men Simranjeet Singh and Jagbir Singh.
The Crime Branch of Delhi Police had booked Namdhari for allegedly killing Ponty Chadha`s younger brother Hardeep.
Tyagi, a constable with Uttarakhand Police since 2005 and deployed as Namdhari`s PSO since January 2012, was also arrested for his alleged role in the crime.
Ponty and Hardeep, who had a property dispute, were killed in a shootout at their Chhattarpur farmhouse here on November 17, 2012, after which ten persons, including Tyagi and Namdhari, were arrested in various criminal cases linked to the incident.
All the ten accused have been booked for allegedly committing offences of hatching criminal conspiracy, attempt to murder, dacoity, assault, Arms Act, destruction of evidence, trespass, illegal confinement and kidnapping.
The police, however, has booked Namdhari on the charge of murder. The police had told the court that it has been established by the probe that Namdhari had played a vital role in the conspiracy with other co-accused who acted on his orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees