Ponty Chadha murder: JC of Namdhari, others extended till Feb 15
New Delhi: The judicial custody of sacked Uttarakhand minority panel chief S S Namdhari and nine others, arrested for their alleged role in the murder of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother, was extended on Thursday till February 15 by a Delhi court.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Mukesh Kumar remanded Namdhari, his PSO Sachin Tyagi and eight others in eight days judicial custody after they appeared before the court in person on expiry of their judicial remand.
The court extended the judicial custody of accused Bhupender Singh, Uday Raj Singh, Rajpal Singh, Anand Singh Bisht, Mathura Singh Mehra and Satnam Singh who are Ponty`s aides. It also extended the judicial custody of Namdhari`s men Simranjeet Singh and Jagbir Singh.
The Crime Branch of Delhi Police had booked Namdhari for allegedly killing Ponty Chadha`s younger brother Hardeep.
Tyagi, a constable with Uttarakhand Police since 2005 and deployed as Namdhari`s PSO since January 2012, was also arrested for his alleged role in the crime.
Ponty and Hardeep, who had a property dispute, were killed in a shootout at their Chhattarpur farmhouse here on November 17, 2012, after which ten persons, including Tyagi and Namdhari, were arrested in various criminal cases linked to the incident.
All the ten accused have been booked for allegedly committing offences of hatching criminal conspiracy, attempt to murder, dacoity, assault, Arms Act, destruction of evidence, trespass, illegal confinement and kidnapping.
The police, however, has booked Namdhari on the charge of murder. The police had told the court that it has been established by the probe that Namdhari had played a vital role in the conspiracy with other co-accused who acted on his orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145