Ponty Chadha shootout: Arguments on charges against 22 commence
New Delhi: Arguments on charges against sacked Uttarakhand minorities panel chief SS Namdhari and 21 others, accused in connection with the murder of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep, have commenced before a Delhi court.
Delhi Police Crime Branch begun its arguments before Additional Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Yadav after it had supplied the accused with deficient documents filed along with the charge-sheet in the case.
During the course of arguments, the prosecution informed the court that the two brothers were not in talking terms as there was property dispute between them, which was not resolved before the incident.
"The dispute was not resolved on November 16, 2012 night, so the planning was to take away the property by any means, in which the two brothers were killed," the prosecution said.
The prosecution mentioned the sequence of events about the incident, saying Ponty and Namdhari had conspired to take over the farmhouse from the possession of Hardeep.
It said Hardeep had arrived at the scene and when Ponty`s men were opening the gate of the disputed property, Hardeep fired at him and also at Ponty, and in return Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi shot him.
It further argued that the accused arrested in the case are Ponty and Hardeep`s men, which is established from the CCTV footage produced before the court.
The arguments which remained inconclusive, will continue on September 4.
Ponty and Hardeep, who allegedly had a property dispute, were killed in a shootout at a Chhattarpur farmhouse on November 17 last year.
The police had filed three charge-sheets against Ponty, Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi, booking them for murder and offences under various provisions of the IPC.
Altogether 22 others were charge-sheeted for offences including attempt to murder, causing grievous harm, dacoity, rioting with deadly weapons, house trespass, kidnapping and illegally confinement and destruction of evidence.
However, trial against Ponty and Hardeep has been abated as they both died in the shoot-out.
The charges of criminal conspiracy, common intention and those under the Arms Act were also imposed on all the 22 accused, including Ponty, for trying to take over the disputed farmhouse from the possession of Hardeep.
The first charge-sheet had named Ponty as an accused, as he had reached the place of incident with Namdhari and others as part of his "well-hatched conspiracy" to take possession of the south Delhi farm house.
The second supplementary accused Hardeep in the case, saying the probe has revealed that Ponty was killed due to the shot fired at him by his brother.
The police, in its charge-sheet has mentioned the sequence of events about the incident saying that Ponty and Namdhari had conspired to take over the farm house from the possession of Hardeep.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog