Ponty Chadha shootout: Four arrested for trespassing
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested four aides of slain liquor baron Ponty Chadha for trespassing into the farmhouse where Ponty and his brother Hardeep allegedly killed each other.
The police had filed two FIRs in the case. Today’s arrests were made on the FIR filed by Hardeep`s manager Nand Lal against Ponty`s men on charges of trespassing and murder. Two among the four arrested are Ponty’s personal security men.
According to the FIR, Ponty had `trespassed` into the farmhouse- Farm No. 42 at DLF Farms, Chhattarpur - angering Hardeep, who rushed there from Noida where he was in a meeting.
The second FIR was filed based on the statements by Uttarakhand Minorities Commission chief Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, who was with Ponty at the time of the shootout that left both the brothers dead. Sukhdev ‘s gunner Akash Tyagi had shot Hardeep after Hardeep shot Ponty.
The police have also filed another FIR in connection with a similar trespassing by Chadha’s men in Bijawasan in outer Delhi.
The police have so far questioned over 100 people in the case and detained over 15 persons in connection with the deadly shootout that sent shock waves through power circles in North India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Quake brings down buildings in central Italy, at least six believed killed
- Work on 'Padmavati' sets in full swing, shoot begins in September
- Japan, China, South Korea agree to urge North Korea to stop provocation
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper