Ponty Chadha shootout: JC of Namdhari and Tyagi extended till Dec 27
New Delhi: Sacked Uttarakhand minority panel chief S S Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi, arrested for their alleged roles in the Ponty Chadha shootout case, was on Thursday remanded back in judicial custody by a Delhi court till December 27.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao extended judicial custody of Namdhari and his Personal Security Officer Tyagi by another 14 days, after the police said their custody should be increased.
"Take them (Namdhari and Tyagi) to judicial custody till December 27," the court said.
The Delhi Police`s Crime Branch, which had booked Namdhari allegedly for killing Ponty Chadha`s younger brother Hardeep, was produced before the court after expiry of his six days of judicial remand.
Tyagi, a constable with Uttarakhand Police since 2005 and deployed as Namdhari`s PSO since January 2012, was also brought before the court after expiry of his six days` remand.
The court had earlier on December 7 sent Namdhari and his PSO to jail till today.
Meanwhile, the counsel for Namdhari R S Malik sought a separate vehicle for his client for ferrying him between the court and jail saying other under-trials attacked and injured him today, when he was being brought to the court.
The court, however, kept his application pending.
Ponty and Hardeep, who had an ongoing property dispute, were killed in a shootout at their Chattarpur farmhouse here on November 17 afternoon, after which the police has arrested altogether eight persons including Tyagi and Namdhari in various criminal cases linked to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’