Ponty Chadha was not killed for property?
New Delhi: Mystery behind the shootout that claimed the lives of Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep Singh took yet another twist on Monday when a close relative of the family claimed that it wasn`t a result of property dispute, as was being touted earlier.
Delhi Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) chief Paramjeet Singh, a close relative of Hardeep, who was mediating in the property dispute among the brothers, claimed that the duo had resolved their differences and that the killings had been `sudden, not planned`, news channel CNN-IBN quoted him as saying.
Meanwhile, a team of Delhi Police`s forensic experts went to the crime scene today try and reconstruct the sequence of events at Ponty Chadha`s Chattarpur farmhouse, reports said.
Police also sieved for clues in the Land Cruiser SUV in which Ponty Chadha is said to have arrived at the farmhouse alongwith Uttarakhand Minority Commission Chief Sukhdev Singh Namdhari.
While Hardeep is said to have shot dead his elder brother Ponty, he himself was killed in retaliatory fire by Sachin Tyagi, guard of Namdhari. Tyagi is currently in police custody. As Tyagi is employed with Uttarkhand Police, a five-member team of Uttarakhand Police has also come to Delhi to probe the matter.
Reports state that police, in the attempt to establish a sequence of events, is also going through call-records of both Ponty Chadha and Hardeep Singh.
They are also investigating as what was the reason that Hardeep had had booked several rooms at a Gurgaon hotel – reports said that he was planning to shift to the hotel with his family on Saturday evening, but fate had something else for him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?