Ponty Chadha was not killed for property?
New Delhi: Mystery behind the shootout that claimed the lives of Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep Singh took yet another twist on Monday when a close relative of the family claimed that it wasn`t a result of property dispute, as was being touted earlier.
Delhi Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) chief Paramjeet Singh, a close relative of Hardeep, who was mediating in the property dispute among the brothers, claimed that the duo had resolved their differences and that the killings had been `sudden, not planned`, news channel CNN-IBN quoted him as saying.
Meanwhile, a team of Delhi Police`s forensic experts went to the crime scene today try and reconstruct the sequence of events at Ponty Chadha`s Chattarpur farmhouse, reports said.
Police also sieved for clues in the Land Cruiser SUV in which Ponty Chadha is said to have arrived at the farmhouse alongwith Uttarakhand Minority Commission Chief Sukhdev Singh Namdhari.
While Hardeep is said to have shot dead his elder brother Ponty, he himself was killed in retaliatory fire by Sachin Tyagi, guard of Namdhari. Tyagi is currently in police custody. As Tyagi is employed with Uttarkhand Police, a five-member team of Uttarakhand Police has also come to Delhi to probe the matter.
Reports state that police, in the attempt to establish a sequence of events, is also going through call-records of both Ponty Chadha and Hardeep Singh.
They are also investigating as what was the reason that Hardeep had had booked several rooms at a Gurgaon hotel – reports said that he was planning to shift to the hotel with his family on Saturday evening, but fate had something else for him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport