Ponty Chadha`s security man shoots himself
Gurgaon: A personal security officer (PSO) of murdered liquor baron Ponty Chadha, deployed at his farmhouse in Delhi`s Chhattarpur area, has committed suicide by shooting himself in his house here, police said on Thursday.
Rakesh Yadav, 36, a resident of Sanjay village here under Civil Lines police station, late Wednesday night allegedly shot himself in head. No suicide note was found, said police.
Ponty Chadha and his brother were killed at a farmhouse in Chhattarpur in south Delhi in a shootout on November 17, 2012, allegedly over a property dispute.
Yadav was still working in Chadha Group`s security cell and was deployed at Chadha`s farmhouse in Chhattarpur for more than three and a half years. Yadav took voluntary retirement from the Border Security Force (BSF) before joining the services of Ponty Chadha.
He returned after 11 pm on Wednesday night and shot himself after a tiff with his wife, said police.
"He was in inebriated condition. After a short quarrel with his wife over coming late in the night and drinking, he shot himself with his licensed pistol," investigation officer Satender Kumar told a news agency.
"On the statement of his (Yadav`s) wife, a case of accidental death was registered at Civil Lines police station. He was part of Ponty Chadha`s PSO team for a long time," Kumar said.
Yadav`s body was handed over to his family after the post-mortem examination.
Yadav is survived with his wife and a minor son.
"We will look into other angles, if needed," another police officer said.
Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep Singh Chadha were killed on November 17, 2012, in a shootout at the farmhouse in Delhi`s Chhattarpur area following an altercation over their business interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal