Ponty killing: Eight accused may be declared absconders
New Delhi: A Delhi court Monday ordered initiation of proceedings to declare as absconders eight accused who could not be traced and questioned by police over the killing of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep in November 2012.
The eight accused, all belonging to Uttar Pradesh, could be declared proclaimed offenders by the court if they fail to appear before it March 11, said Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Mukesh Kumar.
The Chadha brothers were killed in a shootout Nov 17, 2012 at a Chattarpur farmhouse in south Delhi.
The eight accused are: Hardayal Singh, Satnam Singh, Baj Singh, Balkar Singh, Pargat Singh, Kulbir Singh, Bakshish Singh and Dharmender.
The court had earlier issued non-bailable warrant (NBWs) against eight men, for Jan 28 after police submitted that they had not joined investigation.
Since the warrants issued against the accused for Monday could not be executed at their addresses given in records, "a case has been made out to initiate the process of declaring them absconding", the court said.
"I am satisfied that the accused persons have absconded. Process under section 82 CrPC (proclamation for person absconding) be issued against them for March 11," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!