Ponty`s men tried to grab property on the day of killings: Cops
New Delhi: Tension was brewing between liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep for a couple of days before their killing during a gunfight at a farmhouse and the former`s men had tried to take possession of another property on the same day of the incident, police said on Monday.
Police have so far questioned around 100 people in connection with the murders. Eleven teams of police are investigating the case.
Vivek Gogia, Joint Commissioner of Police (south-West), said the property dispute had not reached the court as far as investigators know and their mother and community elders were trying to find an amicable solution to disagreements between the two brothers.
"There was tension in the family for the couple of days before the murders. Efforts were on to find a compromise on the issue," Gogia told reporters.
Talking about the sequence of events, he said Ponty`s men had tried to take possession of a farmhouse in south-west Delhi`s Bijwasan other than the one in Chhattarpur where Ponty and Hardeep were killed.
He said Ponty`s men had on Saturday morning entered Chhattarpur farmhouse, beat up some of Hardeep`s men, took away their mobile phones, confined them and threw out some others. There was also firing in air, he said.
A case of hurt, dacoity, abduction and trespass was registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police