Post-mortem conducted on bodies of RAW official, family
New Delhi: Post-mortem examination was on Monday conducted at AIIMS on the bodies of RAW official Ananya Chaktravarty, his wife and two children, who were found dead in their house in South Delhi on Saturday.
The preliminary report of the autopsy suggests that while Chakravarty died of hanging, his wife Jaishri, son Arnab and daughter Disha died due to injuries caused by sharp-edged weapon and blunt objects, according to sources in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
However, the detailed report will be out in the next couple of days.
"Post-mortem of the bodies was conducted today by a medical board constituted by the head of department of forensic medicine. It ended at 5 PM," an AIIMS spokesperson said.
Viscera samples of the bodies have been preserved which would be sent for further tests at the CFSL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok