Post-mortem conducted on bodies of RAW official, family
New Delhi: Post-mortem examination was on Monday conducted at AIIMS on the bodies of RAW official Ananya Chaktravarty, his wife and two children, who were found dead in their house in South Delhi on Saturday.
The preliminary report of the autopsy suggests that while Chakravarty died of hanging, his wife Jaishri, son Arnab and daughter Disha died due to injuries caused by sharp-edged weapon and blunt objects, according to sources in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
However, the detailed report will be out in the next couple of days.
"Post-mortem of the bodies was conducted today by a medical board constituted by the head of department of forensic medicine. It ended at 5 PM," an AIIMS spokesperson said.
Viscera samples of the bodies have been preserved which would be sent for further tests at the CFSL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO