Power connection of Arvind Kejriwal`s house briefly disconnected
Ghaziabad: The power connection of Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal`s house was on Thursday disconnected for a few hours due to non-payment of bills for the last four months.
Electricity department, however, resumed the connection after a few hours to "avoid any controversy as the house belonged to Kejriwal."
Officials of electricity department said that power connection of flat number 902 of Girnar Apartment in Kausambi area of Ghaziabad, which is of Kejriwal, was disconnected.
"Due to non-payment of Rs 7,331, his house`s power connection was disconnected, but after we came to know that this house belongs to Kejriwal of Aam Aadmi Party the connection was restored after few hours to avoid any controversy," an official said.
On the other hand, Kejriwal claimed that he, himself, restored the power supply and also appealed to Delhi`s residents "not to pay inflated power bills".
Senior officials of electricity department, however, avoided to comment over the entire matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane