Power connection of Arvind Kejriwal`s house briefly disconnected
Ghaziabad: The power connection of Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal`s house was on Thursday disconnected for a few hours due to non-payment of bills for the last four months.
Electricity department, however, resumed the connection after a few hours to "avoid any controversy as the house belonged to Kejriwal."
Officials of electricity department said that power connection of flat number 902 of Girnar Apartment in Kausambi area of Ghaziabad, which is of Kejriwal, was disconnected.
"Due to non-payment of Rs 7,331, his house`s power connection was disconnected, but after we came to know that this house belongs to Kejriwal of Aam Aadmi Party the connection was restored after few hours to avoid any controversy," an official said.
On the other hand, Kejriwal claimed that he, himself, restored the power supply and also appealed to Delhi`s residents "not to pay inflated power bills".
Senior officials of electricity department, however, avoided to comment over the entire matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read