Power connection of Arvind Kejriwal`s house briefly disconnected
Ghaziabad: The power connection of Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal`s house was on Thursday disconnected for a few hours due to non-payment of bills for the last four months.
Electricity department, however, resumed the connection after a few hours to "avoid any controversy as the house belonged to Kejriwal."
Officials of electricity department said that power connection of flat number 902 of Girnar Apartment in Kausambi area of Ghaziabad, which is of Kejriwal, was disconnected.
"Due to non-payment of Rs 7,331, his house`s power connection was disconnected, but after we came to know that this house belongs to Kejriwal of Aam Aadmi Party the connection was restored after few hours to avoid any controversy," an official said.
On the other hand, Kejriwal claimed that he, himself, restored the power supply and also appealed to Delhi`s residents "not to pay inflated power bills".
Senior officials of electricity department, however, avoided to comment over the entire matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya