Power cuts in several areas in Delhi
New Delhi: Several areas in the city faced
power cuts for varying duration as maximum demand remained
above 4,500 mega watt for the second successive day on Tuesday.
Many areas in South Delhi including Bhogal, Jungpura
Extension, Nizamuddin, South Extension, Saket, Sarojini Nagar
faced power cuts due load shedding for one to two hours.
Several areas in East Delhi including Dilshad Garden,
Krishna Nagar, Jhilmil, Patparganj also faced load shedding.
The peak power demand had touched an all time high of
4,581 MW yesterday. Today the peak demand was recorded at
In view of increasing demand, discom BSES today appealed
to its over 25 lakh customers to use electricity judiciously.
The highest demand in the year 2008 was recorded at
4,034 MW while the peak demand in 2006 was 3,626 MW. The power
demand in the city has been increasing steadily in the city in
the last few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state