Power cuts in several areas in Delhi
New Delhi: Several areas in the city faced
power cuts for varying duration as maximum demand remained
above 4,500 mega watt for the second successive day on Tuesday.
Many areas in South Delhi including Bhogal, Jungpura
Extension, Nizamuddin, South Extension, Saket, Sarojini Nagar
faced power cuts due load shedding for one to two hours.
Several areas in East Delhi including Dilshad Garden,
Krishna Nagar, Jhilmil, Patparganj also faced load shedding.
The peak power demand had touched an all time high of
4,581 MW yesterday. Today the peak demand was recorded at
In view of increasing demand, discom BSES today appealed
to its over 25 lakh customers to use electricity judiciously.
The highest demand in the year 2008 was recorded at
4,034 MW while the peak demand in 2006 was 3,626 MW. The power
demand in the city has been increasing steadily in the city in
the last few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat