Power cuts in several areas in Delhi
New Delhi: Several areas in the city faced
power cuts for varying duration as maximum demand remained
above 4,500 mega watt for the second successive day on Tuesday.
Many areas in South Delhi including Bhogal, Jungpura
Extension, Nizamuddin, South Extension, Saket, Sarojini Nagar
faced power cuts due load shedding for one to two hours.
Several areas in East Delhi including Dilshad Garden,
Krishna Nagar, Jhilmil, Patparganj also faced load shedding.
The peak power demand had touched an all time high of
4,581 MW yesterday. Today the peak demand was recorded at
In view of increasing demand, discom BSES today appealed
to its over 25 lakh customers to use electricity judiciously.
The highest demand in the year 2008 was recorded at
4,034 MW while the peak demand in 2006 was 3,626 MW. The power
demand in the city has been increasing steadily in the city in
the last few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred