Power cuts in several areas in Delhi
New Delhi: Several areas in the city faced
power cuts for varying duration as maximum demand remained
above 4,500 mega watt for the second successive day on Tuesday.
Many areas in South Delhi including Bhogal, Jungpura
Extension, Nizamuddin, South Extension, Saket, Sarojini Nagar
faced power cuts due load shedding for one to two hours.
Several areas in East Delhi including Dilshad Garden,
Krishna Nagar, Jhilmil, Patparganj also faced load shedding.
The peak power demand had touched an all time high of
4,581 MW yesterday. Today the peak demand was recorded at
In view of increasing demand, discom BSES today appealed
to its over 25 lakh customers to use electricity judiciously.
The highest demand in the year 2008 was recorded at
4,034 MW while the peak demand in 2006 was 3,626 MW. The power
demand in the city has been increasing steadily in the city in
the last few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened