Power discoms write to Delhi Govt over steps for tariff relief
New Delhi: To help provide the people of Delhi get a tariff relief of upto 10 per cent, power distribution companies in the city are writing to the Delhi government about efforts to be taken in this direction.
Since February 26, the Tata Powers Delhi Distribution Limited (TPDDL) is pushing with the Union Power Ministry seeking to reallocate its power purchase agreements with some of the gas and coal based power plants from where it is purchasing power at very expensive rates.
The average power purchasing cost which is Rs 5.66 per unit is expected to come down to Rs 5.10 per unit if the Union Power Ministry accepts the company`s proposal, the company`s CEO and Executive Director Praveer Sinha said.
This may result in 10 per cent of tariff reduction for the consumers.
BSES director proposed closing down of some plants like Rajghat Power House, Gas Turbine stations of IPGCL and three units of BTPS.
"Consider closing down inefficient fuel guzzling plants of RPH and Gas Turbine stations of IPGCL...
"Fuel available to these plants, if shifted to Aravali/Bawana, will result in much higher MW per unit generation and at much lower rates," the director Gopal K Saxena said in his letter.
He further said that shifting of fuel linkages available to these plants to the new plants of APCPL (Aravali) and Pragati-III (Bawana) will benefit in increased generation from these plants resulting in saving in power purchase cost and can in turn bring about tariff reduction of upto 5-7 percent.
The Reliance backed BRPL and BYPL also wrote to the chief secretary, Delhi government for the "urgent need for rationalisation" of generation cost of plants specific to Delhi which will end up saving Rs 770 crore and will lead to the retail tariff reduction of upto 7 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!