Power outages hit Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Ghaziabad residents faced unprecedented power outages throughout Friday night, caused by the heavy downpour.
Superintendent Engineer (Distribution), SB Yadav, said after the rain on Friday, a breakdown occurred within 15 minutes in all the transmission lines due to which the power went off in 19 power stations of the 33 KV lines of the city.
The repair work was delayed for more than four hours due to alleged differences between the transmission and distribution officials.
"The problem occurred in the distribution lines from the power station. The power supply could be restored in four power stations around midnight. But since the major fault occurred in the remaining 15 power stations, the repair work could not be carried out so the residents had to face the problem throughout the night," said SP Ram, superintendent engineer of transmission.
"We have undertaken the repair work on a priority basis since morning and we hope the power supply would be back to normal shortly," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks
- Pokemon Go fever fading in United States
- Big three leaders insist EU not finished after Brexit