Power outages hit Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Ghaziabad residents faced unprecedented power outages throughout Friday night, caused by the heavy downpour.
Superintendent Engineer (Distribution), SB Yadav, said after the rain on Friday, a breakdown occurred within 15 minutes in all the transmission lines due to which the power went off in 19 power stations of the 33 KV lines of the city.
The repair work was delayed for more than four hours due to alleged differences between the transmission and distribution officials.
"The problem occurred in the distribution lines from the power station. The power supply could be restored in four power stations around midnight. But since the major fault occurred in the remaining 15 power stations, the repair work could not be carried out so the residents had to face the problem throughout the night," said SP Ram, superintendent engineer of transmission.
"We have undertaken the repair work on a priority basis since morning and we hope the power supply would be back to normal shortly," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention
- World's most sensitive detector 'LUX' finds no dark matter
- Multiple sclerosis: 15 warning signs you might have the condition
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin