Power outages hit Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Ghaziabad residents faced unprecedented power outages throughout Friday night, caused by the heavy downpour.
Superintendent Engineer (Distribution), SB Yadav, said after the rain on Friday, a breakdown occurred within 15 minutes in all the transmission lines due to which the power went off in 19 power stations of the 33 KV lines of the city.
The repair work was delayed for more than four hours due to alleged differences between the transmission and distribution officials.
"The problem occurred in the distribution lines from the power station. The power supply could be restored in four power stations around midnight. But since the major fault occurred in the remaining 15 power stations, the repair work could not be carried out so the residents had to face the problem throughout the night," said SP Ram, superintendent engineer of transmission.
"We have undertaken the repair work on a priority basis since morning and we hope the power supply would be back to normal shortly," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users