Power outages in Delhi due to problem in Northern Grid
New Delhi: Areas across the city on Monday reeled under outages for up to four hours due to cut in power supply by a number of generating stations and technical snag in the Northern Grid.
Officials said supply of power was cut to Delhi by a total of 300 MW from NTPC`s Singrauli plant in UP and Nathpa Jhakri and Karcham plant in Himachal Pradesh.
They said supply of power to Delhi was also affected due to overloading of Agra-Gwalior power transmission corridor.
"The overloading of Agra-Gwalior power transmission corridor affected the frequency in the Northern Grid. To maintain the frequency in the Northern Grid we had to resort to loadshedding," said the officials.
"There was no power in our area for five hours," said a resident in Khajurikhas area of East Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened