Power supply affected in Lutyen`s zone
New Delhi: Power supply was affected
today in some areas around the Moti Lal Nehru Marg in Lutyens`
Delhi when a power transformer caught fire on Sunday.
Delhi Fire Service officials said five fire tenders
were rushed to douse the fire on the transformer located at
the Motilal Nehru Marg.
The fire was reported at around 3:30 pm and within
half-an-hour it was doused, they said adding it was located
few hundred metres away from the official residence of Delhi
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Officials said supply of power was affected to the
near-by areas for about 30 minutes as alternative arrangement
was made immediately.
The power distribution network in Lutyens`s Delhi
areas is maintained by the civic agency NDMC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!