Power supply affected in Lutyen`s zone
New Delhi: Power supply was affected
today in some areas around the Moti Lal Nehru Marg in Lutyens`
Delhi when a power transformer caught fire on Sunday.
Delhi Fire Service officials said five fire tenders
were rushed to douse the fire on the transformer located at
the Motilal Nehru Marg.
The fire was reported at around 3:30 pm and within
half-an-hour it was doused, they said adding it was located
few hundred metres away from the official residence of Delhi
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Officials said supply of power was affected to the
near-by areas for about 30 minutes as alternative arrangement
was made immediately.
The power distribution network in Lutyens`s Delhi
areas is maintained by the civic agency NDMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch