Power supply affected in Lutyen`s zone
New Delhi: Power supply was affected
today in some areas around the Moti Lal Nehru Marg in Lutyens`
Delhi when a power transformer caught fire on Sunday.
Delhi Fire Service officials said five fire tenders
were rushed to douse the fire on the transformer located at
the Motilal Nehru Marg.
The fire was reported at around 3:30 pm and within
half-an-hour it was doused, they said adding it was located
few hundred metres away from the official residence of Delhi
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Officials said supply of power was affected to the
near-by areas for about 30 minutes as alternative arrangement
was made immediately.
The power distribution network in Lutyens`s Delhi
areas is maintained by the civic agency NDMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price