Power supply affected in Lutyen`s zone
New Delhi: Power supply was affected
today in some areas around the Moti Lal Nehru Marg in Lutyens`
Delhi when a power transformer caught fire on Sunday.
Delhi Fire Service officials said five fire tenders
were rushed to douse the fire on the transformer located at
the Motilal Nehru Marg.
The fire was reported at around 3:30 pm and within
half-an-hour it was doused, they said adding it was located
few hundred metres away from the official residence of Delhi
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Officials said supply of power was affected to the
near-by areas for about 30 minutes as alternative arrangement
was made immediately.
The power distribution network in Lutyens`s Delhi
areas is maintained by the civic agency NDMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra