Power supply affected in Lutyen`s zone
New Delhi: Power supply was affected
today in some areas around the Moti Lal Nehru Marg in Lutyens`
Delhi when a power transformer caught fire on Sunday.
Delhi Fire Service officials said five fire tenders
were rushed to douse the fire on the transformer located at
the Motilal Nehru Marg.
The fire was reported at around 3:30 pm and within
half-an-hour it was doused, they said adding it was located
few hundred metres away from the official residence of Delhi
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Officials said supply of power was affected to the
near-by areas for about 30 minutes as alternative arrangement
was made immediately.
The power distribution network in Lutyens`s Delhi
areas is maintained by the civic agency NDMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!