Power supply to be affected in N Delhi localities
New Delhi: Supply of power will be affected in
various localities of North Delhi for the next 17 days as
Delhi Transco will undertake major maintenance work of its
transmission lines in the area during the period.
An official the transmission utility said Shahzada Bagh,
Bahadur Garh Road, Gulabi Bagh, Delhi University and adjoining
areas, Tripolia, Hindu Rao Hospital, Subzi Mandi and Tis
Hazari Court and adjoining areas will face power cuts for
"We will carry out urgent maintenance work at Subzi Mandi
220 KV Sub Station from tomorrow to November 17," the official
He said alternative arrangements are being made to supply
power in the areas but they may face intermittent power cuts.
Delhi Transco is a government run company which maintains
all the major transmission networks across the city.
An official from power distribution company NDPL, which
supplies power in the area said Kabir Basti, Malka Ganj Indra
Market, Part of Malka Ganj, Gujjar Basti, Motia Bagh, part of
Arya Pura, Khariya Mohalla, Punjabi Basti, Subzi Mandi, Shora
Kothi, part of Mukeem Pura and Rain Basera may also be
He said Azad Market, Naya Mohalla, Part of Beriwala Bagh,
Ram Bagh Road, Maurice Nagar, St Stephen College, Rosahnara
Road, Sita Saran Colony, Motia Bagh and part of Jawahar Nagar
may also face power cuts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi