Power supply to be affected in N Delhi localities
New Delhi: Supply of power will be affected in
various localities of North Delhi for the next 17 days as
Delhi Transco will undertake major maintenance work of its
transmission lines in the area during the period.
An official the transmission utility said Shahzada Bagh,
Bahadur Garh Road, Gulabi Bagh, Delhi University and adjoining
areas, Tripolia, Hindu Rao Hospital, Subzi Mandi and Tis
Hazari Court and adjoining areas will face power cuts for
"We will carry out urgent maintenance work at Subzi Mandi
220 KV Sub Station from tomorrow to November 17," the official
He said alternative arrangements are being made to supply
power in the areas but they may face intermittent power cuts.
Delhi Transco is a government run company which maintains
all the major transmission networks across the city.
An official from power distribution company NDPL, which
supplies power in the area said Kabir Basti, Malka Ganj Indra
Market, Part of Malka Ganj, Gujjar Basti, Motia Bagh, part of
Arya Pura, Khariya Mohalla, Punjabi Basti, Subzi Mandi, Shora
Kothi, part of Mukeem Pura and Rain Basera may also be
He said Azad Market, Naya Mohalla, Part of Beriwala Bagh,
Ram Bagh Road, Maurice Nagar, St Stephen College, Rosahnara
Road, Sita Saran Colony, Motia Bagh and part of Jawahar Nagar
may also face power cuts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell