Power supply to be hit in Delhi
New Delhi: Supply of power will be affected
in several areas in East and North Delhi for the next two
weeks as a major transmission line will be shut down to
facilitate construction of a brige in Wazirabad.
Transmission utility Delhi Transco Ltd said power supply
will be affected in Wazirabad, Geeta Colony, Patparganj and
adjoining areas as 220 KV Mandola line will be under planned
shut down from tomorrow till October 17.
The shut down has been necessitated for construction of
the `Signature` bridge linking NH-1 on the western bank of
Yamuna with Wazirabad.
"For construction of the bridge, we will have to shift a
transmission tower in the Wazirabad area. The line will be
shut till Octover 17," an official of the Delhi Transco said.
He said alternative arrangements are being made to supply
power in the areas to be affected by the shutdown of the
Meanwhile, private power discom BSES said it will carry
out maintenance of its distribution network in several areas
in South and West Delhi tomorrow because of which supply of
power will be affected between 10.30 AM to 4.30 PM.
The areas to be affected include certain parts of Saket,
Sheikh Sarai, Okhla phase-III, M-Block Market in Greater
Kailash-I, Janak Puri, Palam Vihar, Haus Khas (A and B block)
and Anand Lok.
Supply of power will also be affected in certain parts
of Rajouri Garden, Janak Puri, Bijwasan, Sant Nagar, part of
Chand Nagar, SFS colony in Munirka Vihar, parts of Dwarka
(Sector-18 Dwarka, Sector 6) and Ansal, Satbari village,
Raghubir Nagar, Shyam Nagar and adjoing areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends