Power tariff hiked by 1.5 per cent in Delhi
New Delhi: Despite strong protest by BJP and Aam Admi Party against rising power tariff, the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission on Friday hiked the rates by 1.5 per cent to adjust the power purchase cost of the distribution companies.
The DERC has fixed 4.5 per cent fuel surcharge for BSES Yamuna Power Ltd and BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd while for Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd the surchgarge will be 3 per cent.
The hike in tariff will be 1.5 per cent for consumers of all the three distribution companies as the surcharge for BYPL and BRPL was 3 per cent in the previous quarter while it was 1.5 per cent for TPDDL.
"The surcharge for BRPL and BYPL consumers have been increased from 3 per cent to 4.5 per cent. So the hike for them is 1.5 per cent. For TPDDL consumers it has been increased to 3 per cent from 1.5 per cent," DERC Secretary Jayashree Raghuraman told PTI.
The hike will come into restropective effect from May 1.
In their petition, the BYPL had sought a hike of 9.13 per cent while BRPL sought an increase of 9.2 per cent to adjust the rise in power purchase cost.
The TPDDL had sought a hike of 1.71 per cent.
Raghuraman said the hike will be applicable on energy charges and fixed charges.
Delhi BJP and Aam Admi Party have been targeting the Delhi Government for rising power tariff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP