Power tariff hiked by 1.5 per cent in Delhi
New Delhi: Despite strong protest by BJP and Aam Admi Party against rising power tariff, the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission on Friday hiked the rates by 1.5 per cent to adjust the power purchase cost of the distribution companies.
The DERC has fixed 4.5 per cent fuel surcharge for BSES Yamuna Power Ltd and BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd while for Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd the surchgarge will be 3 per cent.
The hike in tariff will be 1.5 per cent for consumers of all the three distribution companies as the surcharge for BYPL and BRPL was 3 per cent in the previous quarter while it was 1.5 per cent for TPDDL.
"The surcharge for BRPL and BYPL consumers have been increased from 3 per cent to 4.5 per cent. So the hike for them is 1.5 per cent. For TPDDL consumers it has been increased to 3 per cent from 1.5 per cent," DERC Secretary Jayashree Raghuraman told PTI.
The hike will come into restropective effect from May 1.
In their petition, the BYPL had sought a hike of 9.13 per cent while BRPL sought an increase of 9.2 per cent to adjust the rise in power purchase cost.
The TPDDL had sought a hike of 1.71 per cent.
Raghuraman said the hike will be applicable on energy charges and fixed charges.
Delhi BJP and Aam Admi Party have been targeting the Delhi Government for rising power tariff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming