Pranab Mukherjee to meet southern CMs on Sunday
New Delhi: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee
is expected to review credit off take and farm sector lending
in a meeting with Chief Ministers of Southern region and heads
of PSU banks and financial institutions headquartered in the
region in Bangalore on Sunday.
The meeting will discuss the progress of centrally-
sponsored schemes, state-wise flow of credit to the
agriculture sector, credit-deposit ratio and loan to weaker
section of society among others, official sources said.
Implementation of the Aam Admi Bima Yojana and
co-contributory pension scheme Swavalambam, important
priorities of the UPA-II government, would also be reviewed in
the meeting among others, they added.
Financial inclusion, payment under the Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Act and revival of
short-term cooperative credit are also key discussion points
of the meeting.
It has been decided to provide appropriate banking
facilities to habitations having population in excess of 2,000
by March 2012, Mukherjee had said in this year`s Budget
"The banks have identified about 73,000 such habitations
for providing banking facilities using appropriate
technologies," he had said.
The meeting comes against the backdrop of slowdown in GDP
growth and headline inflation close to double digit mark.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview