Pranab Mukherjee to meet southern CMs on Sunday
New Delhi: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee
is expected to review credit off take and farm sector lending
in a meeting with Chief Ministers of Southern region and heads
of PSU banks and financial institutions headquartered in the
region in Bangalore on Sunday.
The meeting will discuss the progress of centrally-
sponsored schemes, state-wise flow of credit to the
agriculture sector, credit-deposit ratio and loan to weaker
section of society among others, official sources said.
Implementation of the Aam Admi Bima Yojana and
co-contributory pension scheme Swavalambam, important
priorities of the UPA-II government, would also be reviewed in
the meeting among others, they added.
Financial inclusion, payment under the Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Act and revival of
short-term cooperative credit are also key discussion points
of the meeting.
It has been decided to provide appropriate banking
facilities to habitations having population in excess of 2,000
by March 2012, Mukherjee had said in this year`s Budget
"The banks have identified about 73,000 such habitations
for providing banking facilities using appropriate
technologies," he had said.
The meeting comes against the backdrop of slowdown in GDP
growth and headline inflation close to double digit mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola