Pranab to meet Cong MPs on FDI in retail
New Delhi: With a couple of Congress MPs
coming out against allowing FDI in retail, a meeting of the
party MPs has been called here tomorrow when Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee will seek to allay apprehensions.
The meeting of the party MPs has been called close on
the heels of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh virtually rejecting
demands from the opposition as also UPA constituents Trinamool
Congress and DMK to rollback the decision on FDI.
Congress sources said on Tuesday that tomorrow`s meeting would be
addressed by Mukherjee and is aimed at addressing concerns of
Today former Union Minister and MP from Uttar Pradesh
Sanjay Singh attacked the decision saying it would hurt the
poor and the timing of the move was not right.
Kerala PCC Chief Ramesh Chennithala has already written
a letter to the Prime Minister opposing the decision. He has
also requested Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy not to
implement the decision in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred