Pranab to meet Cong MPs on FDI in retail
New Delhi: With a couple of Congress MPs
coming out against allowing FDI in retail, a meeting of the
party MPs has been called here tomorrow when Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee will seek to allay apprehensions.
The meeting of the party MPs has been called close on
the heels of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh virtually rejecting
demands from the opposition as also UPA constituents Trinamool
Congress and DMK to rollback the decision on FDI.
Congress sources said on Tuesday that tomorrow`s meeting would be
addressed by Mukherjee and is aimed at addressing concerns of
Today former Union Minister and MP from Uttar Pradesh
Sanjay Singh attacked the decision saying it would hurt the
poor and the timing of the move was not right.
Kerala PCC Chief Ramesh Chennithala has already written
a letter to the Prime Minister opposing the decision. He has
also requested Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy not to
implement the decision in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhuri Dixit finds 'Housefull 3' cast 'awesome'!
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics
- IPL 2016, final: Five reasons why SunRisers Hyderabad will be no match for Virat Kohli and co
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!