Prasar Bharati board yet to get a new chairperson
New Delhi: The positions of chairperson and some other key members of Prasar Bharati`s board that have been lying vacant for sometime now are yet to be filled up.
The post of the chairperson of the Prasar Bharati board has been lying vacant since the tenure of Mrinal Pande ended more than a month ago. The positions of Member (Finance) and Member (Personnel) too do not have occupants.
While the chairperson heads the Prasar Bharati board, the positions of Member (Finance) and Member (Personnel) are also of key importance, officials said.
At least three positions of part-time members are also lying vacant, they said. These positions became vacant as some of the part-time members, who had been nominated during the tenure of the erstwhile UPA government, resigned before their terms ended.
One of the officials, however, added that the process for selection of Member (Finance) and Member (Personnel) had started and advertisements in this regard had been issued in newspapers.
Prasar Bharati is governed by its board comprising the Chairperson, Executive Member (Chief Executive Officer), Member (Finance), Member (Personnel), six part-time members, a representative of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and the Directors General of All India Radio and Doordarshan as ex-officio members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read