Prasar Bharati board yet to get a new chairperson
New Delhi: The positions of chairperson and some other key members of Prasar Bharati`s board that have been lying vacant for sometime now are yet to be filled up.
The post of the chairperson of the Prasar Bharati board has been lying vacant since the tenure of Mrinal Pande ended more than a month ago. The positions of Member (Finance) and Member (Personnel) too do not have occupants.
While the chairperson heads the Prasar Bharati board, the positions of Member (Finance) and Member (Personnel) are also of key importance, officials said.
At least three positions of part-time members are also lying vacant, they said. These positions became vacant as some of the part-time members, who had been nominated during the tenure of the erstwhile UPA government, resigned before their terms ended.
One of the officials, however, added that the process for selection of Member (Finance) and Member (Personnel) had started and advertisements in this regard had been issued in newspapers.
Prasar Bharati is governed by its board comprising the Chairperson, Executive Member (Chief Executive Officer), Member (Finance), Member (Personnel), six part-time members, a representative of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and the Directors General of All India Radio and Doordarshan as ex-officio members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win