Prasar Bharati CEO for better DD, AIR presentation
New Delhi: Improving presentation qualities of Doordarshan and All India Radio and filling up of key vacancies are the top priorities of new Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar, who assumed office on Wednesday.
Sircar, who was Secretary, Ministry of Culture, before joining the Prasar Bharati, spoke about his priorities while interacting with reporters here.
He said though the news content and reach of Doordarshan and AIR were remarkable, the presentation standards were not up to the mark.
"Presentation is an area where we need to give attention ....," he said, adding, "We are high on content and could improve upon presentation of content."
Sircar said he needed time to understand why presentation was not up to competitive standards.
Another area he would pay attention to was staff-related issues, he said, and asked his colleagues to move ahead in a positive direction "My only appeal to my colleagues is that we have gone through a tough phase and now it is time to look positively," he said.
Referring to unfilled posts, he said, "I have been told that there are nearly 14,000 vacancies if you take the original sanction" and added that a task force had re-evaluated the number of critical posts to be filled up
Sircar succeeds B S Lalli, whose tenure ended in the wake of allegations of irregularities. In the interim period, Rajiv Takru, Additional Secretary in I and B Ministry, was holding the additional charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam