Prasar Bharati CEO for better DD, AIR presentation
New Delhi: Improving presentation qualities of Doordarshan and All India Radio and filling up of key vacancies are the top priorities of new Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar, who assumed office on Wednesday.
Sircar, who was Secretary, Ministry of Culture, before joining the Prasar Bharati, spoke about his priorities while interacting with reporters here.
He said though the news content and reach of Doordarshan and AIR were remarkable, the presentation standards were not up to the mark.
"Presentation is an area where we need to give attention ....," he said, adding, "We are high on content and could improve upon presentation of content."
Sircar said he needed time to understand why presentation was not up to competitive standards.
Another area he would pay attention to was staff-related issues, he said, and asked his colleagues to move ahead in a positive direction "My only appeal to my colleagues is that we have gone through a tough phase and now it is time to look positively," he said.
Referring to unfilled posts, he said, "I have been told that there are nearly 14,000 vacancies if you take the original sanction" and added that a task force had re-evaluated the number of critical posts to be filled up
Sircar succeeds B S Lalli, whose tenure ended in the wake of allegations of irregularities. In the interim period, Rajiv Takru, Additional Secretary in I and B Ministry, was holding the additional charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years
- Kolkata wears forlorn look on poll day, less traffic on street
- Seven silent culprits of hair loss!