Pregnant woman killed by in-laws over dowry
Muzaffarnagar: A pregnant woman, wife of a Delhi Police constable, was allegedly hanged to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry demand, police said on Saturday.
Monika, wife of constable Mohit Kumar, was killed by her husband and in-laws in Etawah village yesterday.
Police has arrested victim`s father-in-law Sahiram and his wife.
An FIR has also been registered against six persons in this regard.
Victim`s father Omsingh in his complaint had alleged that Monika`s in-laws were demanding dowry for a long time.
Monika and Mohit were married last year in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach