Pregnant woman killed by in-laws over dowry
Muzaffarnagar: A pregnant woman, wife of a Delhi Police constable, was allegedly hanged to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry demand, police said on Saturday.
Monika, wife of constable Mohit Kumar, was killed by her husband and in-laws in Etawah village yesterday.
Police has arrested victim`s father-in-law Sahiram and his wife.
An FIR has also been registered against six persons in this regard.
Victim`s father Omsingh in his complaint had alleged that Monika`s in-laws were demanding dowry for a long time.
Monika and Mohit were married last year in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday