Pregnant woman killed by in-laws over dowry
Muzaffarnagar: A pregnant woman, wife of a Delhi Police constable, was allegedly hanged to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry demand, police said on Saturday.
Monika, wife of constable Mohit Kumar, was killed by her husband and in-laws in Etawah village yesterday.
Police has arrested victim`s father-in-law Sahiram and his wife.
An FIR has also been registered against six persons in this regard.
Victim`s father Omsingh in his complaint had alleged that Monika`s in-laws were demanding dowry for a long time.
Monika and Mohit were married last year in February.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal