Pregnant woman murdered for dowry in Delhi
New Delhi: A 24-year-old pregnant woman was strangled allegedly by her jobless husband who surrendered before investigators on Sunday with police suspecting it to be a case of dowry death.
The incident was reported from Najafgarh last night and the deceased has been identified as Pinky.
Vicky (30) surrendered before police this morning.
Pinky`s family alleged that Vicky used to beat her for dowry, police said.
Vicky said that he had a heated argument with his wife, who was four-month pregnant, and after she went to sleep, he strangled her, police claimed.
The couple had a three-year-old daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'