Pregnant woman murdered for dowry in Delhi
New Delhi: A 24-year-old pregnant woman was strangled allegedly by her jobless husband who surrendered before investigators on Sunday with police suspecting it to be a case of dowry death.
The incident was reported from Najafgarh last night and the deceased has been identified as Pinky.
Vicky (30) surrendered before police this morning.
Pinky`s family alleged that Vicky used to beat her for dowry, police said.
Vicky said that he had a heated argument with his wife, who was four-month pregnant, and after she went to sleep, he strangled her, police claimed.
The couple had a three-year-old daughter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij