Preparations for Arvind Kejriwal`s swearing-in ceremony to be decided today
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Secretary has called a meeting of senior officials on Tuesday to make preparations for the swearing-in ceremony of AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal after he conveyed his party`s readiness to the Lt Governor to form a government in the national capital.
Sources in the North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) said it has been asked to keep the Ramlila Ground in Central Delhi ready for the oath-taking ceremony on December 26 as Kejriwal had conveyed to Lt Governor Najeeb Jung that he would like to have the event at the "historic venue" where anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare had held massive protests to demand passing of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
"The chief secretary has called a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss the preparations for the swearing-in ceremony at Ramlila Maidan, where NDMC`s commissioner has also been asked to participate," a senior NDMC official told PTI.
Officials said they will start formal preparations of the event only after getting communication from the President.
Sources also said that Kejriwal had told the Lt Governor that December 26 would be his preferred date for taking oath.
After meeting with Kejriwal, Jung had sent a report to President detailing him about AAP`s readiness to form a government with support from Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31