Principal, four other employees of Delhi govt school suspended after 7-year-old raped
New Delhi: A day after a seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped in a municipal school here, three people - including the school inspector and principal - were suspended, an official said on Saturday.
"School inspector Balraj Singh, principal Neelam Karwal, class teacher Monica Kohli, school attendant Sushila watchman Kailash have been suspended in the alleged sexual assault case at Mangolpuri Municipal Primary School," BK Gupta, municipal commissioner, North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC), said.
The Class 2 student was allegedly raped in the NDMC-run school in Mangolpuri area when she went to collect her midday meal.
She was admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital Friday afternoon.
"We have constituted a five-member committee and have asked them to suggest measures for strengthening the security and safety of students studying in NDMC primary schools. The committee has been asked to submit its report within three days," Gupta said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, BS Jaiswal said: "Around 200 people have been questioned in regard with the sexual assault of the seven-year-old girl."
He added that police are making a sketch of the accused on the basis of the victim`s statement. He did not rule out the involvement of non-teaching staff in the alleged sexual offence.
He said three people, including two teachers and a watchman detained for questioning, are still under detention.
"The girl is fine now. She is at home. She was discharged yesterday (Friday)," Jaiswal said.
A violent protest occurred outside the school and the hospital Friday as rumours spread that the girl was in a critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan