Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A 52-year-old administrative manager working with a private firm was shot dead by three bike-borne assailants here Tuesday morning, police said.
Nirmal Jain, a resident of west Delhi`s Shalimar Bagh, was shot dead near his office at Shivaji Marg in west Delhi`s Moti Nagar around 11 a.m. Jain died on way to hospital.
The bullet pierced his chest, police said.
"The reason behind the killing is yet to be ascertain while prima facie it seems to be a case of personal rivalry as Rs.19,000 that he was carrying were not taken away by the assailants. They only snatched some documents carried by the victim," said V. Renganathan, Additional Commissioner of Police.
Jain is survived by his wife, a 22-year-old daughter and an 18-year-old son.
"He was working as an administrative manager with Pan Bahar company," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof