Pro-FYUP teacher assaulted at University of Delhi campus
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: The ongoing strife between the groups favouring and opposing the University of Delhi`s Four-Year Undergraduate Programme took an ugly turn on Monday when a teacher supporting the FYUP was assaulted at the campus.
Reports stated that the pro-FYUP teacher was assaulted during a heated debate being conducted for a TV show at the campus.
The victim got into an argument with students against the four-year undergraduate course and came to blows, TV reports said.
The day also featured clashes between the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and and National Students` Union of India (NSUI).
The assaulted teacher has lodged an FIR against unknown people.
The Delhi University has refused to budge from its stand on Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) notwithstanding University Grants Commission (UGC) seeking its review.
At its full commission meeting on June 13, UGC had asked DU to review the programme as it felt that it was in violation of the national policy on education which follows the 10-plus 2-plus 3 pattern.
DU, however, stood by the programme and in a reply to the commission has maintained that it has followed due procedure in its implementation by carrying out necessary amendments to an university ordinance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre