Pro-FYUP teacher assaulted at University of Delhi campus
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: The ongoing strife between the groups favouring and opposing the University of Delhi`s Four-Year Undergraduate Programme took an ugly turn on Monday when a teacher supporting the FYUP was assaulted at the campus.
Reports stated that the pro-FYUP teacher was assaulted during a heated debate being conducted for a TV show at the campus.
The victim got into an argument with students against the four-year undergraduate course and came to blows, TV reports said.
The day also featured clashes between the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and and National Students` Union of India (NSUI).
The assaulted teacher has lodged an FIR against unknown people.
The Delhi University has refused to budge from its stand on Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) notwithstanding University Grants Commission (UGC) seeking its review.
At its full commission meeting on June 13, UGC had asked DU to review the programme as it felt that it was in violation of the national policy on education which follows the 10-plus 2-plus 3 pattern.
DU, however, stood by the programme and in a reply to the commission has maintained that it has followed due procedure in its implementation by carrying out necessary amendments to an university ordinance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'