Probe against SHO after girl alleges misbehaviour
New Delhi: The station house officer of Uttam Nagar police station was on Friday sent to district lines and a departmental probe initiated against him after a teenage girl alleged that the SHO misbehaved with her when she had gone to register a case of sexual assault.
"Following a complaint against SHO Bhagwan Singh. He was sent to the district lines and a departmental inquiry has been launched," a senior police officer said.
On Wednesday, the teenage girl, along with her family, had arrived at Uttam Nagar police station of West district to lodge a complaint of sexual assault, sources said.
She was asked to go to Singh`s cabin, where instead of registering a complaint, the SHO allegedly misbehaved with the girl, a source said.
The victim, along with her family, made a complaint about the matter with some senior police officials at the Delhi Police headquarters after which Singh was sent to the district lines and a departmental inquiry initiated into the matter.
Police said that the victim has been sent for medical examination after which a case would be registered.
Further investigations are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why