Probe against SHO after girl alleges misbehaviour
New Delhi: The station house officer of Uttam Nagar police station was on Friday sent to district lines and a departmental probe initiated against him after a teenage girl alleged that the SHO misbehaved with her when she had gone to register a case of sexual assault.
"Following a complaint against SHO Bhagwan Singh. He was sent to the district lines and a departmental inquiry has been launched," a senior police officer said.
On Wednesday, the teenage girl, along with her family, had arrived at Uttam Nagar police station of West district to lodge a complaint of sexual assault, sources said.
She was asked to go to Singh`s cabin, where instead of registering a complaint, the SHO allegedly misbehaved with the girl, a source said.
The victim, along with her family, made a complaint about the matter with some senior police officials at the Delhi Police headquarters after which Singh was sent to the district lines and a departmental inquiry initiated into the matter.
Police said that the victim has been sent for medical examination after which a case would be registered.
Further investigations are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi