Probe against SHO after girl alleges misbehaviour
New Delhi: The station house officer of Uttam Nagar police station was on Friday sent to district lines and a departmental probe initiated against him after a teenage girl alleged that the SHO misbehaved with her when she had gone to register a case of sexual assault.
"Following a complaint against SHO Bhagwan Singh. He was sent to the district lines and a departmental inquiry has been launched," a senior police officer said.
On Wednesday, the teenage girl, along with her family, had arrived at Uttam Nagar police station of West district to lodge a complaint of sexual assault, sources said.
She was asked to go to Singh`s cabin, where instead of registering a complaint, the SHO allegedly misbehaved with the girl, a source said.
The victim, along with her family, made a complaint about the matter with some senior police officials at the Delhi Police headquarters after which Singh was sent to the district lines and a departmental inquiry initiated into the matter.
Police said that the victim has been sent for medical examination after which a case would be registered.
Further investigations are underway.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today