Probe against SHO after girl alleges misbehaviour
New Delhi: The station house officer of Uttam Nagar police station was on Friday sent to district lines and a departmental probe initiated against him after a teenage girl alleged that the SHO misbehaved with her when she had gone to register a case of sexual assault.
"Following a complaint against SHO Bhagwan Singh. He was sent to the district lines and a departmental inquiry has been launched," a senior police officer said.
On Wednesday, the teenage girl, along with her family, had arrived at Uttam Nagar police station of West district to lodge a complaint of sexual assault, sources said.
She was asked to go to Singh`s cabin, where instead of registering a complaint, the SHO allegedly misbehaved with the girl, a source said.
The victim, along with her family, made a complaint about the matter with some senior police officials at the Delhi Police headquarters after which Singh was sent to the district lines and a departmental inquiry initiated into the matter.
Police said that the victim has been sent for medical examination after which a case would be registered.
Further investigations are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing