Probe into Mona Suri murder handed over to Crime Branch
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday informed
the High Court that the probe into the murder of fashion
designer Mona Suri, who was burnt to death by two unidentified
assailants outside her residence in 2007, has been transferred
to its Crime Branch.
Appearing before Justice V K Shali, Delhi Police
counsel submitted that the investigation of the case was
transferred to its Crime Branch on September 24.
Following the submission, Suri`s family members, who
had sought a direction to the police for completion of
investigation in the unsolved Suri`s murder case, withdrew the
In a petition, Suri`s father Manjit Bawa alleged the
police neither filed the status report of the case nor the
report of the narco analysis test conducted on the husband of
the deceased and his girl friend.
The four suspects, including Naveen Suri, husband of
the victim, his girlfriend Rachna and Rajiv Sharma, in the
case have already undergone narco-analysis tests at a
laboratory in Gujarat and the reports were awaited.
He had approached the court with a plea to give
directions for narco tests on Rachna with whom Naveen Suri
allegedly had an affair.
The fashion designer was burnt by two motorcycle-borne
persons who poured kerosene on her outside her residence at
Greater Kailash area here on August 12, 2007.
Suri succumbed to her injuries on October 21, 2007.
However, the police have not been able to either nab the
assailants nor established the motive behind the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui