Production warrants issued against Verma, wife
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday issued production warrants against businessman Abhishek Verma and his wife, arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in a money laundering case, after the couple failed to appear before it.
Both Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neascu were scheduled to appear before the court after expiry of their judicial custody today in the ED`s money laundering case.
They, however, could not be produced before the court as they were remanded in the CBI custody on September 4 in a case lodged under the Official Secrets Act after the court had earlier on on August 27 had remanded them in judicial custody in the money laundering case.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Gautam Manan issued production warrants against the couple for September 17 after ED prosecutor N K Matta told the court that the accused have not been produced from the judicial custody as they are presently in CBI`s custody.
"Issue production warrants against the accused (Verma and his wife) for September 17," the ACMM said.
The court had on August 27 remanded both the accused to judicial custody till today after the ED had said that they were not required for further custodial interrogation.
Verma and his wife were arrested on August 22 by the ED after they had moved an application to surrender in the case.
The ED had earlier told the court that the case is having "wide international ramifications" and the probe in the case, registered under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), is going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH