Production warrants issued against Verma, wife
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday issued production warrants against businessman Abhishek Verma and his wife, arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in a money laundering case, after the couple failed to appear before it.
Both Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neascu were scheduled to appear before the court after expiry of their judicial custody today in the ED`s money laundering case.
They, however, could not be produced before the court as they were remanded in the CBI custody on September 4 in a case lodged under the Official Secrets Act after the court had earlier on on August 27 had remanded them in judicial custody in the money laundering case.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Gautam Manan issued production warrants against the couple for September 17 after ED prosecutor N K Matta told the court that the accused have not been produced from the judicial custody as they are presently in CBI`s custody.
"Issue production warrants against the accused (Verma and his wife) for September 17," the ACMM said.
The court had on August 27 remanded both the accused to judicial custody till today after the ED had said that they were not required for further custodial interrogation.
Verma and his wife were arrested on August 22 by the ED after they had moved an application to surrender in the case.
The ED had earlier told the court that the case is having "wide international ramifications" and the probe in the case, registered under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), is going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video