Prohibitory orders lifted from central Delhi areas
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday lifted
prohibitory orders imposed at some central Delhi localities,
including JP Park where Anna Hazare had initially planned to
launch his fast, after the government conceded to the
Gandhian`s demands on the protest.
The lifting of the prohibitory orders, which were imposed
on August 15 night after Hazare Team refused to give an
undertaking that their protest would not exceed three days,
came hours after Hazare and government agreed that he will sit
on a protest at Ramlila Maidan without any restrictions.
"We have lifted the restrictions," a senior police
Section 144 of CrPC was imposed in some areas of
Daryaganj and IP police stations, which include Jai Prakash
Narain Park and Shaheed Park.
The areas where prohibitory orders were imposed included
Shantivan to Rajghat, Rajghat to Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Aruna
Asaf Ali Marg to JLN Marg, Delhi Gate to Tilak Marg on
Bahadurshah Zafar Marg.
Police had denied permission to Hazare to hold the
protest at the park after organisers refused to give an
undertaking restricting the number of protest days to three
and protestors to 5,000.
Police had detained several people from near the JP Park
after they held protests in the area in the past two days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'