Prohibitory orders lifted from central Delhi areas
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday lifted
prohibitory orders imposed at some central Delhi localities,
including JP Park where Anna Hazare had initially planned to
launch his fast, after the government conceded to the
Gandhian`s demands on the protest.
The lifting of the prohibitory orders, which were imposed
on August 15 night after Hazare Team refused to give an
undertaking that their protest would not exceed three days,
came hours after Hazare and government agreed that he will sit
on a protest at Ramlila Maidan without any restrictions.
"We have lifted the restrictions," a senior police
Section 144 of CrPC was imposed in some areas of
Daryaganj and IP police stations, which include Jai Prakash
Narain Park and Shaheed Park.
The areas where prohibitory orders were imposed included
Shantivan to Rajghat, Rajghat to Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Aruna
Asaf Ali Marg to JLN Marg, Delhi Gate to Tilak Marg on
Bahadurshah Zafar Marg.
Police had denied permission to Hazare to hold the
protest at the park after organisers refused to give an
undertaking restricting the number of protest days to three
and protestors to 5,000.
Police had detained several people from near the JP Park
after they held protests in the area in the past two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what