Projects worth Rs.34,000 crore approved under housing scheme
New Delhi: A total of 1,304 projects for providing affordable housing and basic amenities costing Rs.33,860 crore have been approved under a flagship scheme of the government, according to a statement by the ministry of housing.
Under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM), a central government initiative aimed at fast-track planned development in identified cities, the government has sanctioned building about 14.5 lakh houses.
The housing ministry said an additional grant of Rs.18,500 crore had already been committed, which was more than 100 percent of the seven-year allocation initially provided for 2005-12.
An additional central assistance of Rs.7,192 crore has been released to states, it added.
The ministry also said an online JNNURM tracking system was being developed and would soon be implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui