Promises made by Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party `impractical`: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Wednesday took a dig at Aam Aadmi Party, saying the promises made by the party are impractical.
Calling AAP convenor Arvind Kejriwal as “too adventurous”, BJP leader Balbir Punj said that the chief minister designate makes tall promises. “Let us see if he lives up to people`s expectations,”added Punj.
The BJP leader further said that since Kejriwal lives in Uttar Pradesh, “so don`t know as a Delhiite how do I call him my CM”.
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal reiterated that said Janlokpal bill would be passed in 15 days despite a number of obstacles.
President Pranab Mukherjee has cleared the decks for the formation of a minority AAP government with Congress backing in Delhi and chief minister-designate Arvind Kejriwal may be asked to prove majority by January 03, official sources said on Wednesday.
According to the sources, the Home Ministry has received a formal communication from the President on government formation and this has been forwarded to Delhi`s Lieutenant Governor (LG) Najeeb Jung.
"It means the LG can now decide when and where to hold the swearing-in ceremony," a ministry official told a news agency.
A statement from the Delhi secretariat said: "The President has directed that Kejriwal may be asked to prove his majority on the floor of the house within seven days from the date on which he takes oath of office."
The Aam Aadmi Party announced today that Kejriwal would take oath as Delhi`s chief minister on Saturday at Ramlila Maidan.
Besides Kejriwal, the President has approved the list of six AAP ministers - Manish Sisodia, Somnath Bharti, Satyendra Kumar Jain, Rakhi Birla, Girish Soni and Saurabh Bhardwaj - to be sworn in, said a statement.
The AAP has 28 seats in the 70-member house. The Congress, which is extending outside support to the government, has eight legislators. The Bharatiya Janata Party won 31 seats in the December 04 Assembly polls.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh