Promotion of judge; hearing on bail plea of godman deferred
New Delhi: The hearing on the bail plea of controversial self-styled godman Shiv Murat Dwivedi, who is in jail under stringent MCOCA for allegedly running a sex racket, was on Friday deferred following the promotion and transfer of a trial judge of a Delhi court.
The bail application of Dwivedi has now been listed for
hearing on August 10.
Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria, who was empowered
to hear cases lodged under Maharashtra Control of Organised
Crimes Act, was today elevated as District and Sessions Judge
of Rohini courts here.
Dwivedi, alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand Ji
Maharaj Chitrakootwale, has moved a fresh application seeking
interim bail for 30 days on the ground that he will have to
arrange for school fees of his daughter.
The self-styled godman, in his plea filed through
advocate M S Khan, said "all the bank accounts of mine
(Dwivedi) have been sealed and consequently, my daughter, a
student of class VIIth, would be forced to discontinue her
studies if the fees are not paid to the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’