Prompt medical aid could have saved gang-rape victim: Brother
Lucknow: The brother of the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim on Saturday said delay in providing medical assistance to his sister led to complications which perhaps led to her death.
"She told me that after the incident that she had asked passers-by for help but to no avail and it was only after the highway patrol alerted the police that she was rushed to hospital but it had taken almost two hours", her brother told a news agency.
"By then a lot of blood was lost", he said, adding that "had the passers-by helped and if prompt medical assistance was provided, perhaps her life could have been saved”.
He said people need to change their attitude and be ready to extend help.
Regretting that consensus could not be reached in the meeting between representatives of the central and state governments on capital punishment in rape cases, he said the family has confidence that on the basis of the charge sheet filed by the Delhi Police in his sister`s case, all the accused would be sentenced to death.
Speaking about his sister, he said she had keen interest in films and was an Aamir Khan fan.
`Talash` was the last film that she had seen with her brothers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016